Thursday, July 6, 2017

Promises from the Book of 2 Timothy

I love these promises and the two following promises from 2 Timothy are so good.  We must believe them and God will do for you what He has done for me and more. I am a tool in God's hand and I pray that I will be a worthy tool, not half hearted and faint.

2 Timothy 1:7  "For God has not given us the Spirit of fear, but of power and of love, and of a sound mind."  Do you want a sound mind, so do I.  Fear does not come from God, but power and love and a sound mind do come from Him.  If you have fear, it does not come from God, so who is it coming from.  The evil one, of course, so don't allow him to enter your mind and create fear in you.  There is so much fear these days from all kinds of sources but God is on His throne and if we commit our lives to Him, He will take away all the fear that has built up in us and replace it with power, and love and a sound mind. "Thank you Jesus for such a wonderful promise.  I just experienced your peace last week when I had a new valve put in my heart, it was a peace that passes all understanding."

2 Timothy 4:18  "And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom.  To Him be glory forever and ever. Amen."  This is telling us what God is willing to do for us, if we surrender our lives to Him.  To accept all His promises for our lives is a wonderful thing but He does have one condition which is such a small thing compared to ALL His wonderful promises and that is a complete surrender of our lives to Him and to keep all His commandments. He even gives us the power to do this too so there is no excuse is there.  I don't think so.  Look at all the power and love and a sound mind and delivering us from every evil work and preserve us for His heavenly kingdom.  So wonderful, let us do as He has asked us to do and see how great His work is in us and how wonderful our life will be with His peace in our hearts.

I know this has been a short study but a powerful one if we apply it to our hearts personally.  If we are willing He is willing and He is willing to make us willing, so let us do what is necessary for us to do to be able to claim all His promises for our lives.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment