Saturday, July 22, 2017

Promises from the book of Revelation - study 2

The first verse in this study has an important word at the first part.  A very important word that we need to give heed to.  See if you can spot it.

Revelation 3:10-12  "Because you have kept My command to persevere I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.  Behold, I am coming quickly!  Hold fast what you have, that no one takes your crown.  He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more.  I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem which comes down out of heaven from My God.  And I will write on him M new name."

Did you catch the important word above?  The word is, persevere, which means to continue in a course of action even in the face of difficulty or with little prospect of success.  We do have promises of success if we allow God to work in us to will and to do of His good pleasure.  But we must persevere until Christ comes and let Him have His way in our life.  Let Him do His works in us.

Revelation 3:20,21  "Behold, I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come to him and dine with him and he with Me.  To him, that overcomes I will grant to sit with me on My throne, as I also overcame and set down with My Father on His throne."

Christ is knocking at the door of your heart, He doesn't want anyone to be lost, He wants to come to you and dwell in your heart so that He can save you.  His love is that great, He doesn't want anyone to be lost, but he knows that some hearts are hard and unwilling to let go of this world but He is longing to save them just the same.

Revelation 12:10  "Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, now salvation and strength and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down."

Who is the accuser of the brethren?  Satan of course and when Christ died on the cross, Satan lost this world to Christ to save all those who would be saved according to His plan.  It is so sad to know that the majority of the population turns against Him and chooses rather be lost than saved to His heavenly kingdom.  I hope I am doing my share of warning.  I love people and want as many saved as is possible.

Revelation 16:15  "Behold, I am coming as a thief.  Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame."

Christ is coming, if we are ready or not!  Let us watch for the signs of his coming and let's be clothed in the garment of His righteousness so that we won't be taking His name in vain by calling ourselves Christians and then live like a hypocrite denying what He can do in and for us if we allow Him access to our hearts.  Please listen to His pleading to your hearts.  Time is short but we can give our hearts to Him even now and start a new life in Christ.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment