Sunday, July 30, 2017

Promises from the book of Psalm - Study 4

Don't you just love these promises? I do, they mean so much to me.  How can we go wrong with the instructions that God has given us?  I actually didn't realize all the help we have, but I have been told recently that there is an answer to every problem that we might have and I believe that.  A lot of the answers are right here in the Psalm, so let's dig in and find some more.

Psalm 40: 1-4  "I waited patiently for the Lord, and He inclined to me and heard my cry.  He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps.  He has put a new song in my mouth praise to our God; many will see it and fear, and will trust in the Lord.  Blessed is that man who makes the Lord his trust, and does not respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies."

Have you been in a horrible pit of sin?  I have been bogged down with just loneliness, and discouragement after my husband's death.  I didn't seem to understand how to cope with it after sixty- three years of being together and we also dated for two years before that.  But time has a way of healing and mending and I know that is God's way of coping.  So glad I had Him to lean on through it all.  I didn't do a very good job of leaning but God is merciful and forgiving and we always come through stronger and firmer in our faith.

Psalm 41:1-3  "Blessed is he who considers the poor; The Lord will deliver him in the time of trouble  The Lord will preserve him and keep him, alive, and he will be blessed on the earth.  You will not deliver him to the will of his enemies.  The Lord will strengthen him on his bed of illness; You will sustain him on his sick bed."

My son and I and another family go once a week and feed the homeless and I love to do it.  I have made some special friends down there and they are really nice people.  Most have had hard times but they are happy and they call me mama.  I am old enough to be some of them's grandma or maybe even a great grandma.  It is a special time for all of us.

Psalm 50:15  "Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you and you shall glorify Me."

Psalm 55:22  "Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved."

Psalm 60:12  "Through God, we will do valiantly, for  it is He who shall tread down our enemies."

When we are in trouble we can call upon God to help us and deliver us.  When our burdens are too heavy for us to carry, we can cast them upon the Lord and He will take care of us.  Through Him, we will do valiantly because He will tread down our enemies.

It's time to close this study.  There is so many promises in the Psalm and so much instruction, I hate to close, but I promised to keep them as short as possible so it wouldn't take up a lot of your time and you could still get some study in.  Love to do these studies and hope you are enjoying them too.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment