Friday, May 31, 2013

A beautiful blessing called healing.


To heal is to cure, that is the dictionary definition.  I believe that everyone needs some sort of healing.  It could be physical, mental, emotional or spiritual.  What would be your desire if it were granted to you? Sometimes we need healing in all the areas mentioned, sometimes only maybe in one or two.  I know for me the main one that I have been seeking the Lord for is spiritual healing and it has been granted, gradual but sure and I surely haven't arrived, it is a daily communion with God and surrendering to Him all the things in my life to do with me what He wills to do.

I memorized Psalms 103: 1-5, if you don't mind I would like to share it with you.  "Bless the Lord O my soul;  And all that is within me, bless His holy name!  Bless the Lord O my soul, and forget not all His benefits:  Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."

Now I call that a multitude of blessings, He forgives us, He heals us, He redeems our life from destruction, He crowns us with loving kindness and tender mercies,  satisfies our mouth with good things, and wants to renew our youth like the eagle's.  What else could we ask for?

If you will allow me, I will share an experience that I had just today.  If you are a personal friend, you know that I have severe osteoporosis and have broken all my vertebrae twice, multiple ribs, probably at least twenty, a hip and that is enough, believe me it is enough.  I cannot describe the pain.  Well, this last week end I came down with the flu and coughing always causes something to break and sure enough day before yesterday I broke a rib under my right arm, it was so painful yesterday, I couldn't straighten my back up at all and this morning as I was having worship I asked the Lord to please heal that rib it hurt so bad, and a little later as I was trying to work around the house a little, I noticed the pain was gone completely.  I said out loud, Thank You Lord for healing my  rib.  I keep thanking Him.  So He does hear and answer, I know I am nothing special but believe me that was special to me.

He will heal you, remember the verse in Psalms, first we bless the Lord and next we don't forget the benefits that we receive from Him. Then he forgives all our sins if we repent and forsake them.  Next He heals all our diseases and redeems us and pours out His loving kindness and tender mercies on us and gives us good things to eat and last but not least renews our life like the eagle's.  It may be when Jesus comes that my life is renewed like the eagle's, but that doesn't matter, it will be done and I believe it, how about you?

Until tomorrow I hope you are experiencing some kind of healing in your life, wish we could sit down and chat, I would love to visit with you in person.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment