Monday, May 6, 2013

Spice up your life with a forgiving spirit.

I believe that forgiveness is an important part of our life,  because we all become offended at one time or another and sometimes it happens too frequently.  I would like to suggest that a forgiving spirit is a wonderful spirit to have and it truly does make life better and easier and also brings peace of mind.  When we can forgive, we become peacemakers and I would really like to be a peacemaker, I am not sure just how to go about it but I am going to give it some serious thought.

There is one part of forgiving that I think could use some real good attention, you probably can't guess what it is.  It is learning to forgive yourself, I almost think that is the hardest thing to do and takes a lot of prayer and serious discipline.  To forgive ourselves, first we have to control our thoughts and not let them run rampant on our past mistakes.  I know it's hard, I am guilty as anyone.  But I have been dealing with it and with my thoughts over past mistakes and I truly think it has a lot to do with our emotional health and even possibly physical health.  We must forgive ourselves, if God can forgive us, why can't we forgive ourselves, or maybe we are not sure that God forgives us.  In 1John 1:9 we are told that God is faithful to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  So why can't we forgive ourselves.

Let's give our past mistakes to Jesus and let Him cast them in the depths of the sea to be remembered no more.  I know it is hard to forget them, but we can form new habits and in time we won't dwell on them.
We can also form new thought patterns too which is where it all starts.  So how about working on forgiving ourselves and just maybe it will be easier to forgive others, it's worth a try.  Until tomorrow, Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment