Friday, May 24, 2013

Another thorn, impure words.

I am amazed at the words that come out of the mouths of even people that call themselves Christians.  God's name is used as if it were on the level of the filthy talk that some people use.  I can't  imagine how God must feel when He hears it flowing forth abundantly all around us.  It must hurt Him terribly, I know it does, because there is a commandment that says in Exodus 20, 'Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain because He will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.'

Then besides that being the worst, then there are all the  expletives of four letter words, and words that have no meaning at all.  Just 'by' words that people use to fill in their conversation.  Have you ever thought about all the words that are meaningless.  I heard someone say that only the ignorant use swear words and the sort because their language skills are not very good.  I don't know if that is true or not but something is wrong.

I pray that God will help us clean up our language and speak only words that mean something and not use all the filth that is out there today.  I have never heard so much filth in all my life, even on the internet it is bad.
I've been tempted to get off facebook because of the filth but that is the way I keep in touch with my family and friends so don't really want to relinquish the only social life I have at the moment.

So friends, lets help clean up the atmosphere of words in our surroundings and be good examples of clean speech to our friends and family and neighbors.  It may just be a small start but who knows how far it will go.

Until tomorrow have a good clean atmosphere and get the thorns out of our lives.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment