Monday, May 13, 2013

Prayer a vital ingredient to your spice list

Is prayer a part of your life?  If not, then you aren't living your life to the fullest.  If you want a really full, satisfying life, then you need to include part of your day to prayer and reading His word, just 20 miinutes would be a sufficient start, and then as your relationship with God develops, you will want to spend more time with Him, it is a natural consequence of study and prayer.

I invite you to just give it a try, if 20 minutes is to much then start with just 10 minutes, but at least start somewhere.  For starts, ask God's blessing on your study and then try reading just a few verses in one of the gospels and let your mind absorb what it is saying to you, then ask God to help you understand how He wants you to apply it to your life.  As time goes on, it will get deep and you will be growing in Christ and you will want more and more of Him in your life.

Try memorizing scripture, it really helps when trials strike and you need strength to cope.  I just memorized Psalms 103: 1-5.  It has really encouraged me to read those kind of promises and have them fulfilled in my life.  Another promise I like is Jeremiah 29: 11-13, and then one of my very favorites is Ephesians 3: 14-19.
Prayer is really a very special ingredient to your spice list.  I can't live without it but I know that I need more time devoted to my worship time.  

There is a power that doesn't want us to spend time with Jesus and when we neglect our time with Him, we are letting the other power take over our lives and we are at the mercy of this dark power that is coming over our world today.  I am sure you know what I am talking about, I just don't like to mention his name.

I am asking you today to spend time with God each morning and your day will go so much better and you will be soooooo blessed.  Have a blessed day!  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment