Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Spice up your life by letting go and letting God take care of your problems.

Oh, how much I need to learn this lesson, it is a tough one and I was confronted with it today especially.  God seemed to say to me, "why don't you let Me take care of it?"  I was startled at the thought, I guess I thought that I was suppose to take care of it, the problem that is, but that shed a different light on it altogether.

How often do we concern ourselves with problems that are out of our control and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it, I mean I was really concerned to the point where I was feeling pretty low and when that thought came to me, great peace overcame my mind and I have been fine since.

Letting go and letting God, I have heard that phrase a lot of times but I don't think it ever crossed my mind until I realized what a wonderful thing it is to 'let go' and 'let God'.   "Why don't you let Me take care of it?"
Why wasn't I letting Him take care of it?  That is an excellent question and I am not sure I have the answer but I think it could be that I am trying to be an independent person since my husbands death and thinking that I need to take care of things.  I have been depending on my children to do things for me that I could probably do myself if I took the time to figure it out.

I guess you could say that some independence is OK while being dependent upon God for things that are out of our reach for solutions is probably the best thing we could do for ourselves.  I seem to have so much that is looming up that overwhelms me and "why don't you let Me take care of it?" is the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, it lifts the heaviest burdens and it feels so good to "let go and let God".

Tonight, I am asking you the question, 'Why don't you let God take care of it".  It's a great way to face the future.  So my advice to you would be, 'Let go and Let God"  How about it?    See you tomorrow.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment