Monday, May 27, 2013

A beautiful spice - Tenderness

Tenderness is an emotional thing that lets you feel the other person's emotions just like compassion.  I believe it is a little different because it is a delicate emotion.  I am not saying that compassion is not delicate but it might not be as delicate as tenderness.

Tenderness shows in the eyes and on the face but especially in the eyes.  You can tell if a person has a tender regard for you by the way they look at you.  We can starve for the tender feelings of a companion or son or daughter or a good friend.  So why am I talking about tenderness?  A good question.  I don't believe that I have had the tenderness that I have needed for those I love.  How about you?  Is it something that is missing in your life?

The Bible says in Ephesians 4:32  "Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you."  Is that hard to do?  Not if we are filled with the love of the Spirit in our hearts. Perhaps we have never thought of it as a characteristic that was important but I can tell you as I look back on my life, it is a great gift of the Holy Spirit that we need to cultivate and use to reach the hearts of our family, friends and neighbors.

If you can use my experience as a stepping stone in life, please ask the Holy Spirit to develop the special, beautiful characteristic of tenderness in your heart towards others.  Now while you have your loved ones with you give them the beautiful gift of tenderness.  Until tomorrow.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment