Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Can God's Promises Spice up our Life.

Promises of God is a subject that has no end, really, there is no end to His promises, at least for me.  I have to live by them to survive, and even then I don't repeat them like I should.  When you think of the Bible characters like Israel when they left Egypt, God did so many miracles for them all the way to the promised land and still they didn't believe Him and many had to die in the wilderness because of their unbelief.

One time quite a few years ago, I was helping my husband put a wood stove up on the hearth that he had just built and something popped in my back and I went down and about that time the pastor who was our friend dropped in and when he saw what happened he prayed for me.  Well, I spent 11 days on my back on the couch or in bed because it had caused my legs to be paralyzed.  On the eleventh day I was impressed to read Psalms 6 and it seemed to fit my situation to a tee.  So I laid there on the couch and contemplated my situation and the thought came to me, you need to be content just as you are and succumb to the idea that you cannot walk again.  So that is just what I did and instantly the pain was gone in my back and I sat up, then stood up and then fell back on the couch in total shock and my husband came in and I asked him to look at the big bulge on my spine and it was gone.  God is sooooo good.  That was 35-40 years ago and I have been walking ever since.  Verses 1-3 was the promise that I claimed and then let Him make the decision as to what He wanted to do.  I would say that that particular incident really spiced up my life a lot.
There have been other incidents similar to that and still my faith falters at times.  Why is that, I wonder.

I am thinking that I should be studying His promises on a daily basis and my faith would be strengthened a lot.  We need to keep our minds and hearts on His Promises.  It is written in 2 Peter 1:4.  Let me share with you what it says.  "By which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Wouldn't you like to be a partaker of His divine nature, that sounds so beautiful, I know I am going to strive to study His promises so I may be a partaker of His nature.  How about you?  I can't think of anything better to do and this little devotional has really inspired me to better my life by spicing it up with His promises.  Thanks for letting me share this with you, now I am going to go and read the Promises, I need them and pray that I may be a partaker of His divine nature.  Will you join me?  I hope you do.
Until tomorrow.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment