Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A thorn called selfishness

You may think you know all about selfishness, but I was hit with a jolt about selfishness this morning that I never thought of before.  So guess what?  I am going to share it with you.  That's what this blog is all about so please pay attention, it just might hit you square in the mind as it did me.  By mind, you will see what I mean.

Selfishness we think is an act.  And it is but not always.  I thought I was a pretty unselfish person but, then it hit me that we can think thoughts of selfishness, like, 'does anyone appreciate my work?' or 'does anyone say thank you for the things I do for them', or why don't they do this or that?' or 'why can't I have help with this or that?'  Now these were not my thoughts that I was thinking but in the long run they probably would have turned to that had God not prompted me of what I was thinking.  I want to be so close to God that He can direct my path from day to day and He has been doing that and I don't mind being reprimanded by Him at all.  How about you?

Now if you spoke to me like God does, it might cause a little stir in my mind and it would probably be a selfish stir, don't you think?  Oh, the selfishness of our nature, we need the Holy Spirit in our lives and stop living for self and living for others.  I am so guilty of this and I pray that it will be eradicated from my heart by the Great Physician, how about you?  This wasn't very long but oh, it hit right to the core of things for me.  If you read my blog yesterday, you know that I have the flu and couldn't write yesterday, so sorry but am with it a little more today so hope this has helped you draw a little closer to our Father in heaven and until tomorrow, I am still Grandma Joan.

No comments:

Post a Comment