Thursday, May 30, 2013

Do you need a heart transplant?

What a wonderful thing a heart transplant is, it gives new life to a once not long lived worn out heart and body.  I don't know anyone personally who has had a heart transplant, but I have read stories of people who have and it is a miraculous thing, any organ transplant is miraculous.

Well, so is it in our spiritual life.  We need a new heart and indeed we are promised a new heart in Ezekiel 11:19,20  "Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh, that they may walk in My statutes and keep My judgments and do them; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God."  This is a wonderful promise for those of us who definitely need a new spiritual heart transplant.  I am praying for a complete new heart transplant as you can tall by my blogs, I am in great need of one.

How do we get a new heart?  We need to show God that we are serious in being His child by repenting of our evil ways and turning away from them.  It seem simple enough, but true repentance is a sorrow for and a turning away from.  A complete surrender to God of all the thorns in our life that we know of and
 are keeping God from answering our prayers is what we need before we can have a complete heart transplant.  We must ask God for the transplant and believe that we receive it because He has promised.

The rest of the journey is called sanctification, as sins are revealed to us we need to go through the process again and again, but the joy of overcoming is a joy that is not possible to explain.  It brings peace and joy that nothing else can impart.  Joy in the Holy Spirit is not explainable, but we experience it.  So until tomorrow, I hope you experience the joy of a new heart transplant and the joy continues as long as you live.
Grandma Joan.

No comments:

Post a Comment