Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Spice up your life with joy

Now that is quite a challenge!!  I want you to know that the devotionals that I am doing on my blog are meant for me but as I am sharing them with you I am being blessed. I wish the same for you.  I didn't know that sharing was such a blessing, and I am glad to be able to do it.  I have a friend that made my blog for me and it is blessing her too, so in return may I point you to her blog: katsretirementjourney.blogspot.com.  You might like it, I know I do, I can keep up on her days this way, but don't tell her.

Now to get to the Spice of Joy, I really, really like to be happy, don't you?  Since my husband passed away a year ago, it has been hard for me to feel joy in my heart, it has been a lonely time and many tears after 63 years of marriage.  So now to find the joy and happiness that I need in my life is what I am searching for, and one of things that is bringing me joy is this blog, thank you for reading it.  I love to give but haven't had much to give outside of myself but have been receiving joy by giving of my time and love and making good meals for my son and helping my granddaughter by keeping her little boy some each week.  So there are many ways we can receive joy in our hearts and just talking about it is making me happy.  Also, I find joy in gardening, specially weeding, it always looks so nice when I am done.  I also love to plant too, but not sure how much planting I will do this year, but will try to get some in.

I am sure you can think of things that bring you joy too,  I love to be with my family too, that brings me lots of joy so I hope you find some ideas to build joy in your heart, maybe try some of my ideas.  It's a great way to spice up your life and you will not regret the time you take to do it.

Psalms 16:11  "You will show me the path of life;  In your presence is fullness of joy;  At your right hand are pleasures forever more."  This is the way to find REAL joy.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment