Thursday, May 23, 2013

Another thorn called unbelief.

How is your faith today?  Do you really believe that God does what He has promised? Or are you filled with unbelief in His Word?  This is a good question for me and hope for you.  I know sometimes my faith seems so very weak, especially when I am going through a trial of some sort.

I remember the father that came to Jesus with his son and asking for healing and Jesus said to him, "All things are possible to him who believes, and immediately the father cried out, ' Lord I believe, help my unbelief'."  Mark 9:23,24.  "I believe, please help my unbelief" should be our prayer when our faith is feeble and God will strengthen our belief in Him.

The biggest test of our faith is, 'Do you believe that God can save you?'  Why would He want a sinner like me in heaven with Him for ever and ever?  The answer:  Because He loved you so much He was willing to give up His life for eternity to save you and me.  What kind of love is that? I dare say that we know nothing about that kind of love, generally speaking.  Yes there have been people that have given up there lives for others but are we willing to do that?  He wouldn't have paid such an expensive sacrifice for our souls had He not wanted us with Him forever.

So, what is the problem?  Matthew 13:58 says, "Now He did not do many mighty works there because of their unbelief."

How is your faith today?  Do you believe that God will hear and answer your prayers for your families salvation, for your health, for whatever your heart desires that is according to His will?  If not, then I suggest that you pray for your faith to be increased, He will answer that prayer if you are sincere in asking.  We must long for the Spirit to fill us and it is a promised blessing.  I suggest that if you will start anywhere in the Bible to read and take a red pencil and color all the promises you come across, your faith will increase as you read these promises and then read 2 Peter 1:2-4 and you will see that you will become a partaker of Christ's divine nature, by accepting these promises and believing they will be fulfilled in your life.

I want to be a partaker of His divine nature, don't you.  Please accept it as a promised blessing by trusting in His promises that He has given us in His Word.  It's a wonderful way to live.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring but God knows and so until tomorrow keep trusting and believing.
Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment